98 days in Peru (on our 100 day visa) by the numbers, for people who like that kind of thing.
- 43 days of riding
- 22 days of trekking (Alpamayo and day walks in the Cordillera Blanca, Huayhuash, Salkantay)
- 33 days of chilling out and exploring
- 2419km cycled (this is most likely more riding than the rest of Eileen’s life combined. Sadly her bike handling skills remain dubious)
- 44,175m of ascent
- 43,418m of descent
- 117km: Longest day
- 25km: Shortest day (yep, on a bike!)
- 4996m: Max elevation on a bike (Punta Pumacocha)
- 5053m: Max elevation on foot (Paso Jurau on the Huayhuash trek)
- 3 bouts of gastro (Andy 2, Eileen 1)
- 2 flat tyres (1 each)
- 1 trail side fix of an exploded rear brake (Andy)
44 vertical kilometers of ascent are ‘easily’ racked up with climbs like the one in the distance carving a zigzag into the hillside.